Winter Computer Camp 2017
From February 27 to March 8, 2017 MIPT will host the eighth Winter Computer Camp (WCC-2017) in the city of Dolgoprudny. Students of the 9-11 grades are welcome to participate.
The WCC-2017 schedule features:
- Daily study contests: preparation to the Open Olympiad Finals and final stages of national Olympiads in programming.
- Informatics, programming and mathematics Olympiads.
- Lectures by employees of MIPT base organizations on real tasks in the IT Industry.
- Lectures by professional scientists on combinatorics.
- Sports and intellectual fun activities.
The Methodist of this year's Winter Computer Camp is Mikhail Tikhomirov.
Just like before, WCC participants will be selected via online competitions on opentrains.mipt.ru in the format akin to informatics Olympiads. There will be four selection tours and the first one will be held in October 30. The final list will be based on total rankings of all four tours. Don't worry if you fail to pass one of the tours, maybe you will have more luck in the next one!
Studying at WCC will be divided into general coaching contests and thematic lectures with practice. In the beginning of the camp, all participants will be divided into three divisions A, B and C, based on the introductory contest results. We will also take your results on Olympiads and selection contests into consideration. Your divison defines the difficulty of coaching contests you will be given. We will try to come up with an optimal level for your trainings, and in case you find your division to be too difficult or easy, you will be able to switch it. After each contest you will be able to do problem analyses and upsolve in free time.
Unlike previous years, this year's set of thematic lectures will not be attached to any particular division. Each participant will be able to affect his or her curriculum depending on his or her level. You will be offered to pick 10-12 most interesting topics ouf of 20-30 while filling the applicant's blank. The list of topics will feature relatively simple topics and ones for high level Olympiad winners and runner-ups, so each participant may find an optimal plan. Here are some examples of possible topics:
- Search of the shortest path in a graph: breadth-first search, Dijkstra's, Floyd's and Bellman-Ford's algorithms.
- Computational geometry, basic level: geometric primitives (point, vector, line, circle), relative position of vectors, intersection of lines and circles.
- Computational geometry, advanced level: construction of a convex hull, finding a pair of the most remote points (method of calipers), closest points (scheme "divide and conquer"), probabilistic algorithms in geometry.
- Computational geometry, expert level: Voronoi diagram and Delaunay triangulation, stereometric algorithms.
- Number theory, basic level: Euclid's algorithm, modular arithmetics, Chinese remainder theorem, Fermat's little theorem, solution of linear equations modulo.
- Number theory, advanced level: a primitive root, discrete logarithmics, modulo root extract.
Each participant's curriculum and individual plan will be based on applicants' requests. After each lecture participants willbe able to apply the lecture materials in practical contest problems.
How to get to the camp:
- Fill the registration blank.
- Participate in WCC online selection tours. Please note that selection to the WCC is only available by the results of the selection tours. Logins and passwords will be sent on emails in several steps around the beginning of a tour. In order to receive your login and password, you will need to register not later than an hour before the beginning of a tour. The rules can be found here.
- First selection tour will be held inOctober 30 at 12:00am UTC+03.
- Second selection tour will be held in November 27 at 12:00am UTC+03.
- Third selection tour will be held in December 18 at 15:30 UTC+03.
- Fourth selection tour will be held January 29 at 12:00 UTC+03.
Cost of participation:
- Free participation is guaranteed to winners and awardees of the final stage of the All-Russian Olympiad for School Students (and CIS Olympiads) in Informatics and Mathematics.
- 19900 Rubles for participants of final stages of national Olympiads for school students in informatics and mathematics.
- 29900 Rubles for all other participants.
If you have any questions regarding contracts and acts, as well as invoicing by legal entities, please message Yulia: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +7(495)408-56-18
For any other questions leave a message on this email: email@example.com